a middle-market boutique of the highest caliber
We specialize in the sale and recapitalizations of middle market companies.
We educate and work closely with clients to obtain the best combination of price, deal terms and cultural compatibility. Success is achieved through preparation, creating a discreet but competitive bidding process, actively managing the sale process and utilizing an experienced investment bank like MHH.
Among other appropriate services, we will:
- Explore our client’s goals and review alternatives;
- Conduct a thorough review of the client’s business, services/products, markets, operations, financial results, management and prospects;
- Value the company;
- Prepare a Confidential Information Memorandum highlighting our client’s unique attributes and prospects;
- Identify and contact a qualified group of strategic and/or financial buyers;
- Manage site visits and initial due diligence inquiries from potential buyers/investors;
- Solicit, evaluate and negotiate offers;
- Assist clients with buyer’s closing due diligence; and
- Review closing documents to ensure consistency with the offer and assist in negotiating key terms such as escrows, representations and warranties and employment agreements.
We routinely advise companies, investors and management teams in potential acquisitions.
We leverage our industry expertise and deep understanding of each client’s business in order to seek out the right partners to bolster their capabilities or strategic objectives. From an execution perspective, we assume much of the “heavy lifting” so that our clients can continue to focus on growing their business. Moreover, we often help secure equity and/or debt financing to fund the acquisition.
Among other services, we usually:
- Formulate acquisition criteria and develop an acquisition strategy;
- Identify and contact acquisition targets;
- Determine the value of the target company;
- Analyze the impact of the acquisition on our client’s business;
- Structure the key terms and prepare an offer for the target company;
- Assist our clients with acquisition due diligence;
- Negotiate the offer and other key issues, such as employment agreements, earn-outs and transfer of adequate working capital;
- Arrange financing if required; and
- Review closing documents to ensure consistency with the offer and assist in negotiating key terms such as escrows and remedies for breaching representations and warranties.
Through hundreds of successful client engagements, MHH professionals have developed unsurpassed industry expertise and a longstanding reputation for professionalism and integrity.
We provide valuable strategic and financial advice to management teams, Boards of Directors, Special Committees and investors.
We are often retained to:
- Assess business strategies and explore alternate strategies;
- Evaluate liquidity options for shareholders;
- Explore opportunities to enhance shareholder value;
- Provide a Fairness Opinion in a sale situation, mergers, acquisitions or reorganizations; and
- Value companies and their securities.
We work closely with clients to evaluate their funding needs and explore financing options.
Many middle market companies eventually reach an inflection point, beyond which they require outside capital to fuel further growth. MHH works with these clients to help secure appropriate external financing. We have extensive relationships with private equity firms, business development corporations (BDCs), non-regulated lenders, mezzanine funds and commercial lenders. We leverage these relationships, and our extensive advisory experience, to determine and achieve the optimal capital structure, minimizing dilution while supporting each client’s future growth.
Among other services, we typically:
- Analyze our client’s operating results, financial condition and forecast;
- Assess the financing required to achieve goals;
- Evaluate financing options and key terms of each;
- Prepare a Private Placement Memorandum highlighting our client’s competitive advantages, prospects and the value created from raising capital;
- Identify and contact suitable investors and lenders;
- Manage investors’/lenders’ initial due diligence inquiries and site visits;
- Solicit, evaluate and negotiate financing proposals; and
- Review closing documents to ensure consistency with the offer and assist in negotiating key terms such as representations and warranties, escrows and events of default.